Home Academy Agreement Students
All academies are required to have a Home Academy Agreement. Details of ours is shown below. It outlines the importance of partnership working between students, parents/carers and the academy.
At Cliff Park Ormiston Academy, we strongly believe that, if we work together, we can ensure that your son/daughter has a happy and successful experience of school.
Every student has the right to an “outstanding” education in a caring, safe and stimulating environment:
As an academy we will try to:
- Provide a safe, suitable and engaging learning environment;
- Support all students to set and work towards aspirational targets;
- Provide a curriculum, lessons and Home Learning that will challenge and enthuse students, preparing them for adult life and helping them to achieve their best;
- Regularly mark student work and provide useful feedback;
- Encourage good attendance and inform parents/carers if we have concerns;
- Keep parents/carers informed termly about their son/daughter’s progress;
- Consult, publish and consistently apply policies ;
- Work with and support students and parents/carers, if problems arise, responding to communications promptly (within 48 hours) and with understanding;
- Offer every opportunity for students to get involved in the life of the academy and wider-community.
As a parent/carer I will try to:
- Make sure that my son/daughter attends the academy regularly and on time, promptly notifying the academy of any absence;
- Provide my son/daughter with the correct uniform and appropriate equipment;
- Encourage my son/daughter to work hard and support the academy’s ethos of high aspirations/expectations;
- Encourage my son/daughter to behave well, respecting and valuing the academy and its environment and following academy policies;
- Support the academy by ensuring my son/daughter responds to feedback and that Home Learning is completed;
- Encourage my son/daughter to take part in extra-curricular and enrichment opportunities.
- Communicate with, and respond to, communications from the academy, attending parent consultation events and telling the academy if I have any concerns that might affect my son/daughter’s work, happiness or behaviour.
As a student I will try to:
- Take pride in myself and the academy, working to the best of my ability, so that I can reach my full potential;
- Attend the academy every day and on time, wearing the correct uniform and bringing the necessary equipment;
- Complete all work set, including Home Learning, to the best of my ability, always responding to feedback that is given;
- Take advantage of the wide range of opportunities made available to me.
- Follow the academy policies, accepting responsibility for my actions, being polite and respectful of others, treating them and the academy environment as I would like to be treated myself;
- Speak to my Form Tutor, Assistant Principal and/or Community Lead when I have a problem.
Please note that by sending your son/daughter to Cliff Park Ormiston Academy/attending Cliff Park Ormiston Academy, you are agreeing to abide by this agreement and academy policy.