The Academy is committed to the vital contribution all Governors and staff can make to safeguarding children. We will strive to make sure that every student in the academy feels secure, well cared for and able to reach their full potential.
We will ensure all our own staff, other professionals, parents/carers and students work together to know the rules about keeping children safe. They will understand the importance of following procedures and listening to each other, especially when there are concerns about safety.
The academy will work hard to reduce all the kinds of harm that children can suffer, including abuse, bullying, discrimination and avoidable injuries.
If you are concerned about the safety and welfare of a student or need help and advice yourself please use the form below to contact Mrs Huggins (Safeguarding Manager).
Norfolk has a new Winter Covid Support Scheme
Norfolk County Council has set up a special support scheme to help Norfolk residents get through winter. It’s for anyone who is experiencing financial hardship as a result of COVID-19.
If you need help or support, please click this link www.norfolk.gov.uk/what-we-do-and-how-we-work/campaigns/winter-covid-support-scheme.
If you don’t need support, but know someone who does, please pass the message on to them.
Designated Safeguarding Leads
The Designated Safeguarding Lead for Looked after Children is:
Mrs P Myhill
The SLT member responsible for child protection and safeguarding is:
Mrs Z Cameron
The Nominated Governor for Safeguarding is:
Mrs L Anderson, Outreach Programmes Officer, UEA
- Please download Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2020
- Please download Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018
- Please download Online Safety Guidance and Advice for Parents from Norfolk Constabulary.
- Please download Coping with self-harm – A Guide for Parents and Carers
- A Helpful resource for parents from Norfolk Safeguarding Children Board and Parental advice from the Rose Project, a local group supporting young people.
- You may also be interested in this useful website from the NSPCC, Keeping Children Safe
- Do You Sext? from Norfolk Constabulary
- The UK Safer Internet Centre – Tips for Parents and Carers
- NSPCC NetAware
- Child Sexual Information leaflet from Norfolk Safeguarding Children Board
Modern pressures leaving girls with crippling fears about how they look
- Alice’s story – A Victim of CSE
- Prevent Duty Guidance
- Exam Stress and Pressure: Childline
- How can you safeguard children from sexting
- Safer Schools Partnership
- Drug Crime – County Lines