At Cliff Park Ormiston Academy, We Do Not Tolerate Bullying Of Any Sort.
In order to help students report incidents of bullying, we encourage them to use our ‘Anti-Bullying Button’ by pressing the ‘Stop Bullying’ icon on this page. This will take students to a short form that they should use to report the incident.
Support If You Think You Are Being Bullied
The word ‘bullying’ is used to describe many different types of behaviour ranging from teasing, deliberately leaving an individual out of a social gathering or ignoring them, to serious assault and abuse. Sometimes it is an individual who is doing the bullying and sometimes there is a group.
Bullying – A Definition
- Intended to hurt someone either physically or emotionally
- Often aimed at certain groups, e.g. because of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation
- It takes many forms and can include:
- Physical assault
- Making threats
- Name calling
- Cyberbullying – bullying via mobile phone or online (eg email, social networks and instant messenger).
What Should I Do If I Think I Am Being Bullied?
- Tell a member of staff immediately – do not leave it! You can tell your Form Tutor, Community Lead or Community Assistant Principal
- Or tell someone at home who can contact the academy
- Leave a message using the ‘Anti-bullying’ button shown above.
How Will I Know That The Bullying Has Been Dealt With?
Whoever you talk to will always inform you of the action that has been taken against the bullying. You will be asked if you are the harmed individual if you would be willing to take part in a restorative conference to repair the harm caused and for the perpetrator to put right what has happened.
What Should I Do If I See Someone Being Bullied?
In order to ensure that Cliff Park Ormsiton Academy remains an enjoyable place to be, it is vital that you report any incidents of bullying that you witness to a member of staff.
Please also refer to:
Call Child Line free on 0800 1111 or find out how to get in touch online.
Whatever your worry, Child Line is here for you.