The Academy is committed to the vital contribution all Governors and staff can make to safeguarding children. We will strive to make sure that every student in the academy feels secure, well cared for and able to reach their full potential.
We will ensure all our own staff, other professionals, parents/carers and students work together to know the rules about keeping children safe. They will understand the importance of following procedures and listening to each other, especially when there are concerns about safety.
The academy will work hard to reduce all the kinds of harm that children can suffer, including abuse, bullying, discrimination and avoidable injuries.
If you have any concerns at all about the safety or welfare of a child please do not hesitate to contact us.
Designated Safeguarding Leads
The Designated Safeguarding Lead for Looked after Children is:
Mrs Z Cameron
The SLT member responsible for child protection and safeguarding is:
Mrs Z Cameron
The Nominated Governor for Safeguarding is:
Dr P Hann, OBE
- Please download Keeping Children Safe in Education Sept 2019
- Please download Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018
- Please download Online Safety Guidance and Advice for Parents from Norfolk Constabulary.
- Please download Coping with self-harm – A Guide for Parents and Carers
- A Helpful resource for parents from Norfolk Safeguarding Children Board and Parental advice from the Rose Project, a local group supporting young people.
- You may also be interested in this useful website from the NSPCC, Keeping Children Safe
- Do You Sext? from Norfolk Constabulary
- NSPCC NetAware
- Child Sexual Information leaflet from Norfolk Safeguarding Children Board
Modern pressures leaving girls with crippling fears about how they look
- Alice’s story, A Victim of CSE
- Exam Stress and Pressure: Childline
- How can you safeguard children from sexting
- Safer Schools Partnership
- Drug Crime – County Lines