Bus Services To Cliff Park Ormiston Academy
Norfolk County Council must provide free transport for children of compulsory school age (5-16) who attend their nearest catchment or nearest school, provided they meet the criteria below:
- They are 8 years of age or over and living more than 3 miles from school;
- They are of high school age, are entitled to free school meals or their parents are in receipt of the maximum level of Working Tax Credit and
- they are attending one of 3 appropriate schools closest to their home and that school is between 2 and 6 miles away; or
- they are attending the nearest school preferred on grounds of religion or belief, where this is between 2 and 15 miles from their home.
First have been contracted by Norfolk County Council to run our school buses. The buses will run at the following times:
|BUS 221: FECS/30495/7Y|
|Cobholm, opposite Tesco loading bay||0815||1541|
|Cliff Park Ormiston Academy||0835||1525|
|BUS 222: ECS/30496/7|
|Great Yarmouth, Market Gates, Stand A||0750||By request|
|Great Yarmouth, Matalan||0755||By request|
|Great Yarmouth, Southtown Road, opposite Anson Road||0757||1549|
|Great Yarmouth, Southtown Road, opposite Gordon Road||0759||1547|
|Great Yarmouth, Southtown Road, opposite Rumbold Arms||0801||1545|
|Hopton, Lowestoft Road, near roundabout, shelter||0817||1530|
|Cliff Park Ormiston Academy||0830||1520|
A ‘late bus’ will also be available on Tuesdays and Wednesday at 3.45pm.
It is the responsibility of the student to make sure that they keep their card safe and in one piece. Lost or defaced cards will need to be replaced. These can be obtained from Norfolk County Council for £10.00.
Students wishing to pay for a bus on a weekly basis can do so for £10, made payable directly to the bus driver.
- The academy will investigate additional transport outside the Norfolk provision e.g. into Suffolk, providing there is sufficient interest. Please contact Mrs J Spurgeon, PA to the Principal, by telephoning 01493 661504 for further information.
Further information and an application form is available HERE